tekniika

11.23.2005

Check this out - a charging station

I received my Wired magazine for Dec a couple of days ago. After a few pages I find this ad for an Anthrocart designed charging station called the eNook that mounts on your wall. Cost = $399.

Funny because just a couple of months ago I setup a makeshift charging station in our home office on top of an existing rubbermaid/sterlite cart ($25) in an attempt to coral all those wall warts & chargers. I ordered Cyberguys "Liberator Plus" (10 @ 21.90) and use a couple of surge supressor strips. I also used Velcro cord wraps I found at Home Depot - 25 for $5 (cyberguys 25/$9) to neaten/shorten all the cords. It's not pretty but it gets the job done. Cost = $51.90 - includes existing cart, $26.90 without cart.

If I had the extra cash I'd replace my makeshift station with Anthro's.
:)
TAGS: gadgets

.:end:.